Norfolk State Spartans Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Norfolk State Spartans. All of these projections for Norfolk St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/14/2019.

Norfolk St Record and Rankings

Record: 14-11
Projected Final Record: 18.8-12.2

MEAC Conference Record: 9-1
Projected Final MEAC Record: 13.8-2.2
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 1

Norfolk St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 239
RPI Rank: 207
NET Rank: 251
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-5 0-2 11-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.786

Our current projections give the Norfolk State Spartans a 33.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 60.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 6.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Norfolk St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 31.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 60.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Norfolk State Spartans. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Norfolk St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 9 Michigan Away L 44-63
11/8 No Rank Mid-Atlantic Chr Home W 108-50
11/10 No Rank Clarion Home W 74-46
11/13 68 South Carolina Away L 64-81
11/16 232 Siena Neutral L 58-61
11/17 129 Stony Brook Neutral L 65-72
11/20 No Rank Regent Home W 97-57
11/27 129 Stony Brook Home L 73-79
11/29 268 Hampton Home W 94-89
12/1 114 Kent Away L 67-78
12/12 220 Rider Away L 71-81
12/16 123 Loyola-Chicago Away L 49-80
12/21 266 UTEP Away W 75-62
12/22 67 ETSU Neutral L 61-89
12/29 293 Niagara Away L 75-83
1/5 351 Delaware St Home W 77-63
1/7 319 Florida A&M Home W 72-62
1/12 342 Coppin St Away W 80-66
1/14 307 Bethune-Cookman Home W 75-68
1/19 333 Savannah St Neutal W 82-76
1/21 344 S Carolina St Away W 74-69
1/26 353 MD E Shore Home W 88-60
2/2 306 Howard Away W 80-78
2/9 307 Bethune-Cookman Away L 76-84
2/11 319 Florida A&M Away W 66-54
2/16 330 NC Central Home 83.5%
2/18 298 NC A&T Home 79.7%
2/23 337 Morgan St Away 62.8%
3/2 342 Coppin St Home 90%
3/4 351 Delaware St Away 81.4%
3/7 306 Howard Home 79.9%