North Carolina A&T Aggies Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the North Carolina A&T Aggies. All of these projections for NC A&T are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

NC A&T Record and Rankings

Record: 9-9
Projected Final Record: 17.7-12.3

MEAC Conference Record: 4-0
Projected Final MEAC Record: 12.7-3.3
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 1

NC A&T Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 256
RPI Rank: 180
NET Rank: 252
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-5 0-1 0-1 7-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.778

Our current projections give the North Carolina A&T Aggies a 22.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 31.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 46.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account NC A&T’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 21.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 31.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the North Carolina A&T Aggies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

NC A&T Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 53 UNC Greensboro Home L 66-74
11/10 164 Wake Forest Away L 78-90
11/12 12 Maryland Away L 59-82
11/14 58 Hofstra Away L 72-92
11/19 99 Marshall Away L 71-95
11/21 324 Mt St Mary’s Away W 74-60
11/29 247 Central Conn Home W 72-60
12/1 213 Presbyterian Home L 70-75
12/8 No Rank Greensboro Home W 92-67
12/15 321 Tennessee St Away W 78-76
12/19 11 Virginia Tech Away L 60-82
12/21 43 Minnesota Away L 67-86
12/28 212 East Carolina Away L 57-77
1/5 340 S Carolina St Away W 80-77
1/8 No Rank Mid-Atlantic Chr Home W 104-56
1/12 350 Delaware St Away W 93-70
1/14 351 MD E Shore Away W 67-58
1/19 325 Morgan St Home W 57-53
1/21 344 Coppin St Home 90.3%
1/26 329 NC Central Away 57.8%
2/2 334 Florida A&M Away 58.8%
2/4 312 Bethune-Cookman Away 51.8%
2/9 350 Delaware St Home 92.6%
2/11 351 MD E Shore Home 92.6%
2/16 322 Howard Away 56.3%
2/18 259 Norfolk St Away 38.2%
2/23 340 S Carolina St Home 84.7%
2/25 341 Savannah St Home 87%
3/2 334 Florida A&M Home 82.3%
3/7 329 NC Central Home 81.6%