North Carolina Central University Eagles Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the North Carolina Central University Eagles. All of these projections for NC Central are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

NC Central Record and Rankings

Record: 8-9
Projected Final Record: 15.6-14.4

MEAC Conference Record: 3-0
Projected Final MEAC Record: 10.6-5.4
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 3

NC Central Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 313
RPI Rank: 307
NET Rank: 320
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 0-1 0-1 5-4
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.556

Our current projections give the North Carolina Central University Eagles a 12.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 9.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 78.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account NC Central’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 12.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 9.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the North Carolina Central University Eagles. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

NC Central Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 42 Clemson Away L 51-71
11/13 35 Cincinnati Away L 51-73
11/15 115 Bowling Green Away L 60-75
11/18 No Rank Warren Wilson Home W 123-57
11/20 135 George Mason Away L 63-78
11/23 284 Nicholls St Neutral L 63-77
11/24 350 Southern Univ Neutal W 83-71
11/28 No Rank Christendom Home W 110-51
12/1 298 McNeese St Home W 67-66
12/8 291 Appalachian St Away L 73-82
12/13 298 McNeese St Away L 61-77
12/16 229 Coastal Car Away L 65-69
12/19 67 St Louis Away L 65-74
12/30 No Rank Wilberforce Home W 91-44
1/5 312 Bethune-Cookman Home W 68-59
1/12 352 MD E Shore Away W 61-48
1/14 349 Delaware St Away W 71-70
1/19 348 Coppin St Home 85.2%
1/21 329 Morgan St Home 65.6%
1/26 264 NC A&T Home 49.6%
1/28 341 Savannah St Away 55.9%
2/2 312 Bethune-Cookman Away 38.5%
2/4 316 Florida A&M Away 39.9%
2/9 352 MD E Shore Home 92%
2/11 349 Delaware St Home 86.1%
2/16 258 Norfolk St Away 23.8%
2/18 331 Howard Away 43.5%
2/23 341 Savannah St Home 79.7%
2/25 338 S Carolina St Home 71%
3/7 264 NC A&T Away 27.7%