Northeastern Huskies Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Northeastern Huskies. All of these projections for Northeastern are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Northeastern Record and Rankings

Record: 9-8
Projected Final Record: 18.2-11.8

Colonial Conference Record: 3-2
Projected Final Colonial Record: 12.2-5.8
Projected Final Rank in the Colonial: 2

Northeastern Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 125
RPI Rank: 102
NET Rank: 117
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-6 0-0 4-1 4-1
Win % by Tier 0.143 0.000 0.800 0.800

Our current projections give the Northeastern Huskies a 33.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 3.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 63.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Northeastern’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 4.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 8.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 13.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 6.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.6%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 1.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.6%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Northeastern Huskies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Northeastern Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 237 Boston Univ Home L 74-77
11/9 156 Harvard Away W 81-71
11/15 50 Alabama Neutal W 68-52
11/16 9 Virginia Tech Neutral L 60-88
11/18 72 Davidson Neutral L 59-71
11/24 72 Davidson Away L 69-78
11/28 150 Bucknell Away W 96-78
12/1 167 E Michigan Home W 81-67
12/4 43 Syracuse Away L 49-72
12/8 223 Oakland Home W 92-83
12/16 80 Vermont Away L 70-75
12/21 199 St Bonaventure Home W 64-59
12/28 231 Drexel Home W 93-83
12/30 193 Delaware Home L 80-82
1/5 70 Hofstra Away L 72-75
1/10 334 Elon Away W 81-70
1/12 205 William & Mary Away W 90-70
1/17 101 Col Charleston Home 58.2%
1/19 214 UNC Wilmington Home 85.2%
1/24 308 Towson Away 79.7%
1/26 236 James Madison Away 65.3%
2/2 70 Hofstra Home 51.5%
2/7 205 William & Mary Home 83%
2/9 334 Elon Home 93.4%
2/14 214 UNC Wilmington Away 62.5%
2/16 101 Col Charleston Away 38.5%
2/21 236 James Madison Home 85.7%
2/23 308 Towson Home 91.8%
2/28 193 Delaware Away 59.8%
3/2 231 Drexel Away 63.4%