Oakland Golden Grizzlies Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Oakland Golden Grizzlies. All of these projections for Oakland are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Oakland Record and Rankings

Record: 8-11
Projected Final Record: 13.6-17.4

Horizon Conference Record: 4-2
Projected Final Horizon Record: 9.6-8.4
Projected Final Rank in the Horizon: 5

Oakland Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 223
RPI Rank: 245
NET Rank: 237
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-3 1-2 6-4
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.333 0.600

Our current projections give the Oakland Golden Grizzlies a 8.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 89.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Oakland’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 6.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 2.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Oakland Golden Grizzlies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Oakland Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 75 Toledo Home L 86-87
11/13 246 W Michigan Home L 77-85
11/16 165 UNLV Away L 61-74
11/19 No Rank Defiance Home W 91-47
11/23 236 James Madison Home W 77-69
11/24 276 Oral Roberts Home W 87-76
11/25 138 N Illinois Home L 72-92
12/1 76 Xavier Away L 63-73
12/6 267 Fairfield Away W 87-86
12/8 125 Northeastern Away L 83-92
12/16 190 Hartford Away L 82-87
12/18 84 Georgia Away L 69-81
12/21 4 Michigan St Away L 69-99
12/28 300 Cleveland St Away W 89-77
12/30 295 Youngstown St Away W 76-74
1/3 109 N Kentucky Home W 76-74
1/5 174 Wright St Home L 73-89
1/10 288 WI Milwaukee Home L 64-67
1/12 197 WI Green Bay Home W 90-78
1/19 181 Detroit Away 32.4%
1/24 201 IUPUI Away 35.5%
1/26 198 IL Chicago Away 36.2%
1/31 295 Youngstown St Home 78.7%
2/2 300 Cleveland St Home 79.2%
2/7 174 Wright St Away 21.8%
2/9 109 N Kentucky Away 15.3%
2/14 197 WI Green Bay Away 37.9%
2/16 288 WI Milwaukee Away 54.8%
2/23 181 Detroit Home 53.7%
2/28 198 IL Chicago Home 56.3%
3/2 201 IUPUI Home 56.1%