Ohio Bobcats Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Ohio Bobcats. All of these projections for Ohio are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Ohio Record and Rankings

Record: 9-7
Projected Final Record: 14.9-15.1

MAC Conference Record: 1-3
Projected Final MAC Record: 6.9-11.1
Projected Final Rank in the MAC: 10

Ohio Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 147
RPI Rank: 94
NET Rank: 153
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 3-1 2-3 3-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.750 0.400 0.750

Our current projections give the Ohio Bobcats a 1.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 96.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Ohio’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 1.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Ohio Bobcats. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Ohio Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 No Rank Wilberforce Home W 97-61
11/12 227 Campbell Home W 81-73
11/16 130 South Florida Neutral L 46-73
11/18 143 Loy Marymount Neutral L 56-65
11/24 127 Austin Peay Home W 85-82
11/27 238 Iona Home W 89-65
12/1 110 Marshall Home W 101-84
12/5 76 Xavier Away L 61-82
12/8 118 Radford Home W 78-69
12/15 181 Detroit Away W 63-61
12/20 19 Purdue Away L 67-95
12/30 202 Florida Intl Home W 68-66
1/5 138 N Illinois Home L 66-72
1/8 115 Bowling Green Away L 63-82
1/12 107 Ball St Away W 70-52
1/15 124 Kent Home L 52-66
1/18 75 Toledo Away 19.1%
1/22 246 W Michigan Home 80.4%
1/26 107 Ball St Home 43.7%
1/29 138 N Illinois Away 37.9%
2/2 145 Akron Home 54.8%
2/9 187 Miami OH Away 50%
2/12 167 E Michigan Home 59.8%
2/16 120 C Michigan Away 33.6%
2/19 11 Buffalo Away 7.8%
2/23 115 Bowling Green Home 48.5%
2/26 124 Kent Away 35.1%
3/2 145 Akron Away 37.9%
3/5 11 Buffalo Home 18.2%
3/8 187 Miami OH Home 65.6%