Ohio State Buckeyes Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Ohio State Buckeyes. All of these projections for Ohio St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Ohio St Record and Rankings

Record: 19-14
Projected Final Record: 19.0-14.0

Big Ten Conference Record: 8-12
Projected Final Big Ten Record: 8.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big Ten: 8

Ohio St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 46
RPI Rank: 72
NET Rank: 55
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 11 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-10 5-1 5-2 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.167 0.833 0.714 0.875

Our current projections give the Ohio State Buckeyes a 77.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 20.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 2.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Ohio St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #6 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 3.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 4.4%
NCAA #9 Seed 9.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 13.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 29.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 16.6%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 13.6%
NIT #2 Seed 3.0%
NIT #3 Seed 1.8%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 1.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Ohio State Buckeyes. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Ohio St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 24 Cincinnati Away W 64-56
11/11 218 PFW Home W 107-61
11/15 52 Creighton Away W 69-60
11/18 342 S Carolina St Home W 89-61
11/20 166 Samford Home W 68-50
11/23 285 Cleveland St Home W 89-62
11/28 36 Syracuse Home L 62-72
12/2 32 Minnesota Home W 79-59
12/5 89 Illinois Neutal W 77-67
12/15 146 Bucknell Home W 73-71
12/18 271 Youngstown St Home W 75-56
12/22 116 UCLA Neutal W 80-66
12/29 229 High Point Home W 82-64
1/5 6 Michigan St Home L 77-86
1/9 82 Rutgers Away L 61-64
1/12 34 Iowa Away L 62-72
1/18 26 Maryland Home L 61-75
1/23 12 Purdue Home L 67-79
1/26 49 Nebraska Away W 70-60
1/29 8 Michigan Away L 49-65
2/2 82 Rutgers Home W 76-62
2/7 53 Penn St Home W 74-70
2/10 45 Indiana Away W 55-52
2/14 89 Illinois Home L 56-63
2/17 6 Michigan St Away L 44-62
2/20 97 Northwestern Home W 63-49
2/23 26 Maryland Away L 62-72
2/26 34 Iowa Home W 90-70
3/2 12 Purdue Away L 51-86
3/6 97 Northwestern Away L 50-68
3/10 19 Wisconsin Home L 67-73
3/14 45 Indiana Neutal W 79-75
3/15 6 Michigan St Neutral L 70-77