Oklahoma State Cowboys Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. All of these projections for Oklahoma St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/21/2018.

Oklahoma St Record and Rankings

Record: 15-12
Projected Final Record: 16.5-14.5

Big 12 Conference Record: 5-9
Projected Final Big 12 Record: 6.5-11.5
Projected Final Rank in the Big 12: 9

Oklahoma St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 61
RPI Rank: 109
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-10 2-2 3-0 7-0
Win % by Tier 0.231 0.500 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Oklahoma State Cowboys a 12.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 38.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 49.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Oklahoma St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #8 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 3.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 5.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 1.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 6.0%
NIT #2 Seed 7.0%
NIT #3 Seed 11.8%
NIT #4 Seed 10.0%
NIT #5 Seed 3.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Oklahoma St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 325 Pepperdine Home W 78-47
11/13 326 Charlotte Home W 83-65
11/16 229 Oral Roberts Home W 91-48
11/20 27 Texas A&M Brooklyn, NY L 55-72
11/21 209 Pittsburgh Brooklyn, NY W 73-67
11/26 337 Houston Bap Home W 101-74
11/29 183 Austin Peay Home W 79-63
12/3 350 MS Valley St Home W 83-62
12/9 17 Wichita St Home L 66-78
12/16 31 Florida St Sunrise, FL W 71-70
12/19 99 Tulsa Home W 71-59
12/22 218 UTRGV Home W 102-83
12/29 16 West Virginia Home L 79-85
1/3 37 Oklahoma Away L 89-109
1/6 81 Iowa St Home W 96-87
1/10 26 Kansas St Away L 82-86
1/13 39 Texas Home W 65-64
1/15 30 Baylor Away L 60-76
1/20 37 Oklahoma Home W 83-81
1/23 9 Texas Tech Away L 70-75
1/27 25 Arkansas Away L 65-66
1/30 21 TCU Home L 66-79
2/3 11 Kansas Away W 84-79
2/6 30 Baylor Home L 56-67
2/10 16 West Virginia Away W 88-85
2/14 26 Kansas St Home L 72-82
2/17 21 TCU Away L 70-90
2/21 9 Texas Tech Home 37.2%
2/24 39 Texas Away 26.2%
2/27 81 Iowa St Away 46.7%
3/3 11 Kansas Home 38.2%