Old Dominion Monarchs Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Old Dominion Monarchs. All of these projections for Old Dominion are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Old Dominion Record and Rankings

Record: 25-7
Projected Final Record: 25.0-7.0

CUSA Conference Record: 16-4
Projected Final CUSA Record: 16.0-4.0
Projected Final Rank in the CUSA: 2

Old Dominion Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 78
RPI Rank: 79
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 1-4 10-0 14-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.200 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Old Dominion Monarchs a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 49.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 50.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Old Dominion’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 1.4%
NIT #5 Seed 33.0%
NIT #6 Seed 14.8%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Old Dominion Monarchs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Old Dominion Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 169 Towson Home W 57-54
11/13 240 James Madison Away W 69-53
11/16 82 Temple Charleston, SC L 65-76
11/17 162 Indiana St Charleston, SC W 62-44
11/19 158 Dayton Charleston, SC W 75-67
11/25 143 William & Mary Away L 77-79
11/27 349 MD E Shore Home W 83-44
12/2 133 VA Commonwealth Away L 75-82
12/6 165 Richmond Home W 79-60
12/9 209 Bowling Green Home W 88-46
12/17 205 Fairfield Away W 82-77
12/22 298 Norfolk St Norfolk, VA W 61-50
12/30 321 Charlotte Home W 89-58
1/4 314 Rice Away W 82-75
1/6 211 North Texas Away W 63-60
1/11 72 WKU Home L 68-75
1/13 96 Marshall Home W 82-76
1/18 251 Florida Intl Away W 64-54
1/20 259 FL Atlantic Away W 73-62
1/27 321 Charlotte Away W 88-66
2/1 65 MTSU Home L 59-66
2/3 130 UAB Home W 65-60
2/8 207 Southern Miss Away W 68-63
2/10 178 Louisiana Tech Away W 82-69
2/15 177 UT San Antonio Home W 100-62
2/17 256 UTEP Home W 82-33
2/22 96 Marshall Away W 84-79
2/24 72 WKU Away L 66-88
3/1 259 FL Atlantic Home W 69-64
3/3 251 Florida Intl Home W 79-53
3/8 178 Louisiana Tech Frisco, TX W 62-58
3/9 72 WKU Frisco, TX L 49-57