Oregon State Beavers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Oregon State Beavers. All of these projections for Oregon St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Oregon St Record and Rankings

Record: 18-13
Projected Final Record: 18.0-13.0

Pac-12 Conference Record: 10-8
Projected Final Pac-12 Record: 10.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the Pac-12: 4

Oregon St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 91
RPI Rank: 111
NET Rank: 87
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 4-5 5-5 8-0
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.444 0.500 1.000

Our current projections give the Oregon State Beavers a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Oregon St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.6%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 1.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.6%
NIT #5 Seed 1.0%
NIT #6 Seed 1.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Oregon State Beavers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Oregon St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 316 UC Riverside Home W 72-59
11/10 315 Wyoming Home W 83-64
11/16 87 Old Dominion Neutal W 61-56
11/18 73 Missouri Neutral L 63-69
11/19 126 Penn Neutal W 74-58
11/25 210 Long Beach St Away W 75-72
12/1 175 Missouri St Home W 101-77
12/9 98 St Louis Away L 61-65
12/15 78 Texas A&M Neutral L 64-67
12/17 167 Pepperdine Home W 82-67
12/21 112 Kent Home L 63-66
12/29 322 Central Conn Home W 80-59
1/5 57 Oregon Away W 77-72
1/10 120 USC Home W 79-74
1/13 116 UCLA Home W 79-66
1/17 62 Arizona St Away L 67-70
1/19 108 Arizona Away L 71-82
1/24 200 Washington St Home W 90-77
1/26 42 Washington Home L 69-79
1/31 80 Colorado Away W 76-74
2/2 96 Utah Away W 81-72
2/7 135 Stanford Home L 60-83
2/9 230 California Home W 79-71
2/16 57 Oregon Home W 72-57
2/21 116 UCLA Away L 67-68
2/23 120 USC Away W 67-62
2/28 108 Arizona Home L 72-74
3/3 62 Arizona St Home L 71-74
3/6 42 Washington Away L 76-81
3/9 200 Washington St Away W 85-77
3/14 80 Colorado Neutral L 58-73