Pepperdine Waves Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Pepperdine Waves. All of these projections for Pepperdine are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Pepperdine Record and Rankings

Record: 9-9
Projected Final Record: 13.7-16.3

WCC Conference Record: 2-2
Projected Final WCC Record: 6.7-9.3
Projected Final Rank in the WCC: 6

Pepperdine Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 182
RPI Rank: 211
NET Rank: 170
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 1-1 3-5 4-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.375 0.667

Our current projections give the Pepperdine Waves a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Pepperdine’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Pepperdine Waves. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Pepperdine Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 No Rank CS Dom. Hills Home W 100-66
11/13 200 N Colorado Away L 80-88
11/16 308 Towson Neutal W 74-65
11/17 131 Ga Southern Neutral L 78-88
11/18 187 Miami OH Neutal W 86-80
11/26 244 Idaho St Home W 97-82
12/1 140 Abilene Chr Home W 77-62
12/3 273 CS Northridge Home L 83-90
12/6 314 UC Riverside Away L 71-75
12/8 327 Jackson St Home W 69-66
12/15 241 Southern Utah Away L 69-78
12/17 57 Oregon St Away L 67-82
12/20 180 Long Beach St Away L 66-67
12/31 342 Alabama A&M Home W 100-64
1/3 143 Loy Marymount Home W 77-62
1/5 52 San Francisco Home L 69-72
1/10 192 Santa Clara Away L 64-67
1/12 129 San Diego Away W 76-71
1/17 116 BYU Home 41.8%
1/19 143 Loy Marymount Away 26.7%
1/26 64 St Mary’s CA Home 32.8%
1/31 310 Portland Away 62.8%
2/2 169 Pacific Away 35.5%
2/7 192 Santa Clara Home 63.8%
2/9 129 San Diego Home 43.9%
2/14 52 San Francisco Away 10.6%
2/16 64 St Mary’s CA Away 12.5%
2/21 6 Gonzaga Away 1.5%
2/23 310 Portland Home 85.4%
3/2 169 Pacific Home 57.3%