Prairie View A&M Panthers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Prairie View A&M Panthers. All of these projections for Prairie View are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/14/2019.

Prairie View Record and Rankings

Record: 11-12
Projected Final Record: 16.9-14.1

Southwestern Conference Record: 9-1
Projected Final Southwestern Record: 14.9-3.1
Projected Final Rank in the Southwestern: 1

Prairie View Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 230
RPI Rank: 193
NET Rank: 230
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-2 1-6 9-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.143 0.818

Our current projections give the Prairie View A&M Panthers a 30.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 58.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 10.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Prairie View’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 29.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 58.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Prairie View A&M Panthers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Prairie View Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 177 Santa Clara Away W 81-64
11/12 38 Baylor Away L 80-91
11/14 157 UTRGV Away L 57-70
11/17 245 Lamar Away L 67-74
11/19 42 UNC Greensboro Away L 66-74
11/21 243 East Carolina Away L 64-76
11/23 111 Georgia Tech Away L 54-65
12/1 76 Murray St Away L 67-83
12/4 145 Louisiana Tech Away L 68-82
12/11 185 Louisiana Away L 90-122
12/20 199 Seattle Away L 64-102
12/29 158 Winthrop Away L 62-76
1/2 No Rank Huston-Tillot Home W 81-65
1/5 346 Southern Univ Away W 82-73
1/7 343 Alcorn St Away W 57-54
1/12 197 TX Southern Home W 79-73
1/19 327 Jackson St Home W 55-51
1/21 284 Grambling Home W 83-66
1/26 352 MS Valley St Away W 89-78
1/28 314 Ark Pine Bluff Away W 79-63
2/2 339 Alabama A&M Home W 81-65
2/4 316 Alabama St Home W 69-67
2/9 197 TX Southern Away L 90-95
2/16 327 Jackson St Away 63.4%
2/18 284 Grambling Away 51.8%
2/23 352 MS Valley St Home 92.2%
2/25 314 Ark Pine Bluff Home 78.2%
3/2 339 Alabama A&M Away 72.9%
3/4 316 Alabama St Away 60.1%
3/7 346 Southern Univ Home 85.9%
3/9 343 Alcorn St Home 87.3%