Presbyterian College Blue Hose Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Presbyterian College Blue Hose. All of these projections for Presbyterian are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Presbyterian Record and Rankings

Record: 11-9
Projected Final Record: 17.3-13.7

Big South Conference Record: 3-2
Projected Final Big South Record: 9.3-6.7
Projected Final Rank in the Big South: 5

Presbyterian Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 213
RPI Rank: 209
NET Rank: 221
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-2 1-1 7-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.500 0.778

Our current projections give the Presbyterian College Blue Hose a 3.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 96.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Presbyterian’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 1.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Presbyterian College Blue Hose. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Presbyterian Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 120 Col Charleston Away L 73-85
11/10 335 Tennessee Tech Away W 80-65
11/12 No Rank Welch Home W 109-57
11/15 No Rank Boyce Home W 102-49
11/17 18 Marquette Away L 55-74
11/19 96 UCLA Away L 65-80
11/28 219 St Francis NY Home L 86-90
12/1 256 NC A&T Away W 75-70
12/4 287 Jacksonville Home L 88-94
12/12 294 VMI Home W 103-70
12/15 No Rank Trinity Bap Home W 87-44
12/18 42 Butler Away L 67-76
12/22 70 Dayton Away L 69-81
12/30 287 Jacksonville Away W 72-67
1/2 340 S Carolina St Away W 72-70
1/5 330 SC Upstate Home W 64-61
1/10 204 High Point Away L 58-74
1/12 108 Radford Away L 77-79
1/16 299 Hampton Home W 85-70
1/19 230 Longwood Home W 71-64
1/21 330 SC Upstate Away 65.3%
1/24 221 Campbell Away 43.1%
1/26 154 Winthrop Home 42.5%
1/30 284 Charleston So Away 53.7%
2/7 353 UNC Asheville Home 98.5%
2/9 173 Gardner Webb Home 48.2%
2/13 154 Winthrop Away 20.6%
2/16 221 Campbell Home 61.8%
2/23 353 UNC Asheville Away 91.7%
2/27 173 Gardner Webb Away 29.7%
3/2 284 Charleston So Home 71.8%