Princeton Tigers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Princeton Tigers. All of these projections for Princeton are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Princeton Record and Rankings

Record: 9-5
Projected Final Record: 16.8-10.2

Ivy League Conference Record: 2-0
Projected Final Ivy League Record: 8.8-5.2
Projected Final Rank in the Ivy League: 2

Princeton Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 140
RPI Rank: 98
NET Rank: 175
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-2 1-1 1-1 5-1
Win % by Tier 0.333 0.500 0.500 0.833

Our current projections give the Princeton Tigers a 20.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 9.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 70.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Princeton’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 1.8%
NCAA #14 Seed 8.8%
NCAA #15 Seed 7.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.8%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.4%
NIT #7 Seed 3.6%
NIT #8 Seed 4.4%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Princeton Tigers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Princeton Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 No Rank DeSales Home W 85-51
11/16 146 Lehigh Away L 57-72
11/21 268 F Dickinson Home L 66-77
11/24 265 Monmouth NJ Away W 60-57
11/28 326 Maine Away W 73-59
12/1 249 G Washington Home W 73-52
12/5 168 St Joseph’s PA Home L 82-92
12/9 38 St John’s Away L 74-89
12/15 227 Iona Neutal W 85-81
12/18 3 Duke Away L 50-101
12/21 295 Lafayette Away W 81-79
12/29 59 Arizona St Away W 67-66
1/5 111 Penn Home W 68-65
1/12 111 Penn Away W 62-53
1/27 No Rank Wesley DE Home 98.6%
2/1 282 Columbia Away 64.1%
2/2 216 Cornell Away 59.5%
2/8 66 Yale Away 17.9%
2/9 135 Brown Away 37.9%
2/15 145 Harvard Home 58.2%
2/16 199 Dartmouth Home 79.7%
2/22 216 Cornell Home 82.1%
2/23 282 Columbia Home 85.4%
3/1 199 Dartmouth Away 55.9%
3/2 145 Harvard Away 37.9%
3/8 135 Brown Home 58.2%
3/9 66 Yale Home 42.9%