Quinnipiac Bobcats Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Quinnipiac Bobcats. All of these projections for Quinnipiac are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Quinnipiac Record and Rankings

Record: 8-7
Projected Final Record: 16.2-12.8

MAAC Conference Record: 3-1
Projected Final MAAC Record: 11.2-6.8
Projected Final Rank in the MAAC: 2

Quinnipiac Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 224
RPI Rank: 241
NET Rank: 245
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-2 1-2 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.333 0.875

Our current projections give the Quinnipiac Bobcats a 11.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 83.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Quinnipiac’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 10.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 5.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Quinnipiac Bobcats. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Quinnipiac Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 24 Villanova Away L 53-86
11/15 190 Hartford Home L 54-68
11/20 345 New Hampshire Away W 69-63
11/25 321 Maine Home W 58-50
11/28 195 Massachusetts Away L 62-69
12/1 102 Stony Brook Away L 61-71
12/5 207 Dartmouth Away W 64-59
12/8 309 Lafayette Home W 88-77
12/16 231 Drexel Neutral L 83-92
12/19 312 Bethune-Cookman Home W 87-63
12/22 102 Stony Brook Home L 73-76
1/3 339 Manhattan Away W 63-59
1/5 170 Rider Away L 67-72
1/10 281 Monmouth NJ Home W 89-83
1/13 267 Fairfield Home W 80-78
1/17 266 Canisius Home 69.5%
1/19 290 Niagara Home 78.2%
1/25 286 Marist Away 48.5%
1/27 299 St Peter’s Home 79.2%
2/1 266 Canisius Away 44.5%
2/3 290 Niagara Away 51.8%
2/8 238 Iona Away 39.2%
2/12 170 Rider Home 46%
2/15 286 Marist Home 72.3%
2/17 270 Siena Away 44.5%
2/19 238 Iona Home 61.8%
2/24 281 Monmouth NJ Away 48.5%
3/1 299 St Peter’s Away 51.8%
3/3 339 Manhattan Home 86.1%