Radford Highlanders Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Radford Highlanders. All of these projections for Radford are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Radford Record and Rankings

Record: 13-6
Projected Final Record: 21.2-8.8

Big South Conference Record: 5-0
Projected Final Big South Record: 13.2-2.8
Projected Final Rank in the Big South: 1

Radford Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 108
RPI Rank: 68
NET Rank: 97
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 15 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 1-1 2-1 6-1
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.500 0.667 0.857

Our current projections give the Radford Highlanders a 39.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 47.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 13.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Radford’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 16.8%
NCAA #14 Seed 18.8%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 3.4%
NIT #7 Seed 35.4%
NIT #8 Seed 8.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Radford Highlanders. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Radford Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Davis & Elkins Home W 91-57
11/9 217 IL Chicago Home W 88-78
11/14 82 Notre Dame Away W 63-60
11/17 139 Duquesne Neutral L 64-69
11/20 226 William & Mary Away W 81-72
11/26 No Rank Glenville St Home W 102-69
11/30 36 Texas Away W 62-59
12/4 246 James Madison Away L 66-73
12/8 150 Ohio Away L 69-78
12/15 44 Clemson Away L 66-74
12/18 53 UNC Greensboro Away L 58-65
12/21 124 Ga Southern Home W 80-68
12/29 12 Maryland Away L 64-78
1/1 No Rank Mars Hill Home W 80-51
1/5 230 Longwood Home W 71-64
1/10 330 SC Upstate Away W 79-72
1/12 213 Presbyterian Home W 79-77
1/17 173 Gardner Webb Home W 75-58
1/19 353 UNC Asheville Away W 71-63
1/21 230 Longwood Away 66.4%
1/24 284 Charleston So Home 91.8%
1/30 221 Campbell Home 85.9%
2/2 154 Winthrop Away 52.2%
2/7 299 Hampton Away 78.2%
2/9 204 High Point Home 84.2%
2/16 284 Charleston So Away 72.5%
2/21 154 Winthrop Home 71%
2/23 299 Hampton Home 91.8%
2/27 204 High Point Away 62.8%
3/2 221 Campbell Away 64.5%