Rhode Island Rams Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Rhode Island Rams. All of these projections for Rhode Island are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Rhode Island Record and Rankings

Record: 26-8
Projected Final Record: 26.0-8.0

Atlantic 10 Conference Record: 17-4
Projected Final Atlantic 10 Record: 17.0-4.0
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic 10: 1

Rhode Island Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 44
RPI Rank: 14
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 8 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-5 4-1 10-1 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.286 0.800 0.909 1.000

Our current projections give the Rhode Island Rams a 89.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 10.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Rhode Island’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 13.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 27.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 19.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 7.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 18.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 1.0%
NIT #2 Seed 4.2%
NIT #3 Seed 1.0%
NIT #4 Seed 1.6%
NIT #5 Seed 2.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Rhode Island Rams. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Rhode Island Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 180 UNC Asheville Home W 84-60
11/13 34 Nevada Away L 81-88
11/19 277 Holy Cross Home W 88-66
11/23 31 Seton Hall Brooklyn, NY W 75-74
11/24 1 Virginia Brooklyn, NY L 55-70
11/28 281 Brown Home W 86-62
12/2 48 Providence Home W 75-68
12/6 49 Alabama Away L 64-68
12/16 91 Col Charleston Home W 68-62
12/21 153 Iona Home W 80-74
12/27 160 FL Gulf Coast Home W 80-60
12/30 187 George Mason Home W 83-64
1/3 168 La Salle Home W 74-62
1/6 175 G Washington Away W 81-60
1/9 138 St Louis Away W 72-65
1/13 61 St Bonaventure Home W 87-73
1/17 200 Massachusetts Home W 73-51
1/20 158 Dayton Away W 88-74
1/24 270 Fordham Away W 78-58
1/27 204 Duquesne Home W 61-58
1/30 200 Massachusetts Away W 85-83
2/2 133 VA Commonwealth Away W 81-68
2/9 67 Davidson Home W 72-59
2/13 165 Richmond Home W 85-67
2/16 61 St Bonaventure Away L 74-77
2/20 168 La Salle Away W 95-93
2/23 158 Dayton Home W 81-56
2/27 120 St Joseph’s PA Home L 48-78
3/2 67 Davidson Away L 61-63
3/9 133 VA Commonwealth Washington, DC W 76-67
3/10 120 St Joseph’s PA Washington, DC W 90-87
3/11 67 Davidson Washington, DC L 57-58
3/15 40 Oklahoma NCAA Tournament Pittsburgh PA W 83-78
3/17 3 Duke NCAA Tournament Pittsburgh, PA L 62-87