Rider Broncs Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Rider Broncs. All of these projections for Rider are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/21/2018.

Rider Record and Rankings

Record: 21-7
Projected Final Record: 22.2-7.8

MAAC Conference Record: 14-2
Projected Final MAAC Record: 15.2-2.8
Projected Final Rank in the MAAC: 1

Rider Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 108
RPI Rank: 63
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 14 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 1-1 7-4 13-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.636 1.000

Our current projections give the Rider Broncs a 21.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 56.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 22.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Rider’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 16.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 5.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 3.6%
NIT #6 Seed 36.0%
NIT #7 Seed 16.4%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Rider Broncs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Rider Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 277 Hampton Home W 90-75
11/13 5 Xavier Away L 75-101
11/15 216 Hartford Home W 89-53
11/20 181 G Washington Away W 67-65
11/23 156 UC Irvine Las Vegas, NV W 90-82
11/24 277 Hampton Las Vegas, NV W 94-80
11/29 55 Providence Away L 84-88
12/2 230 Drexel Away L 77-89
12/6 241 Robert Morris Away L 75-78
12/9 139 Hofstra Home L 82-88
12/16 151 Wagner Home W 90-84
12/22 46 Penn St Away W 71-70
12/29 130 Canisius Away L 76-77
12/31 175 Niagara Away W 99-76
1/5 228 Fairfield Home W 96-77
1/7 227 Manhattan Away W 82-76
1/12 279 Quinnipiac Home W 78-60
1/14 166 Iona Away L 64-91
1/18 267 St Peter’s Away W 88-84
1/20 318 Marist Home W 60-57
1/23 228 Fairfield Away W 90-88
1/26 267 St Peter’s Home W 63-60
1/29 220 Monmouth NJ Home W 92-85
2/4 279 Quinnipiac Away W 74-59
2/8 227 Manhattan Home W 77-73
2/10 318 Marist Away W 89-79
2/15 291 Siena Home W 97-71
2/18 130 Canisius Home W 83-82
2/22 220 Monmouth NJ Away 55.1%
2/25 166 Iona Home 64.1%