Rutgers Scarlet Knights Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. All of these projections for Rutgers are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Rutgers Record and Rankings

Record: 14-17
Projected Final Record: 14.0-17.0

Big Ten Conference Record: 7-13
Projected Final Big Ten Record: 7.0-13.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big Ten: 12

Rutgers Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 82
RPI Rank: 145
NET Rank: 100
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-9 4-4 4-2 5-2
Win % by Tier 0.100 0.500 0.667 0.714

Our current projections give the Rutgers Scarlet Knights a 1.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 30.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 68.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Rutgers’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 2.0%
NIT #3 Seed 8.6%
NIT #4 Seed 6.8%
NIT #5 Seed 5.4%
NIT #6 Seed 5.0%
NIT #7 Seed 2.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Rutgers Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 202 F Dickinson Home W 90-55
11/11 238 Drexel Home W 95-66
11/16 61 St John’s Home L 65-84
11/19 155 E Michigan Home W 63-36
11/23 241 Boston Univ Home W 54-44
11/28 84 Miami FL Away W 57-54
11/30 6 Michigan St Home L 67-78
12/3 19 Wisconsin Away L 64-69
12/8 265 Fordham Away L 70-78
12/15 41 Seton Hall Away L 66-72
12/22 203 Columbia Home W 68-65
12/29 336 Maine Home W 70-55
1/5 26 Maryland Home L 63-77
1/9 46 Ohio St Home W 64-61
1/12 32 Minnesota Away L 70-88
1/15 12 Purdue Away L 54-89
1/18 97 Northwestern Home L 57-65
1/21 49 Nebraska Home W 76-69
1/26 53 Penn St Away W 64-60
1/30 45 Indiana Home W 66-58
2/2 46 Ohio St Away L 62-76
2/5 8 Michigan Home L 65-77
2/9 89 Illinois Away L 94-99
2/13 97 Northwestern Away W 59-56
2/16 34 Iowa Home L 69-71
2/20 6 Michigan St Away L 60-71
2/24 32 Minnesota Home W 68-64
3/2 34 Iowa Away W 86-72
3/6 53 Penn St Home L 65-66
3/10 45 Indiana Away L 73-89
3/13 49 Nebraska Neutral L 61-68