Saint Joseph’s Hawks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Saint Joseph’s Hawks. All of these projections for St Joseph’s PA are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

St Joseph’s PA Record and Rankings

Record: 8-10
Projected Final Record: 14.4-16.6

Atlantic 10 Conference Record: 1-5
Projected Final Atlantic 10 Record: 7.0-11.0
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic 10: 9

St Joseph’s PA Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 168
RPI Rank: 149
NET Rank: 159
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 2-2 3-2 3-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.600 0.600

Our current projections give the Saint Joseph’s Hawks a 1.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 97.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account St Joseph’s PA’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Saint Joseph’s Hawks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

St Joseph’s PA Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 92 Old Dominion Home W 79-64
11/12 265 Monmouth NJ Home W 78-63
11/15 164 Wake Forest Neutal W 89-69
11/16 46 UCF Neutral L 57-77
11/18 84 West Virginia Neutral L 90-97
11/24 226 William & Mary Away L 85-87
11/28 217 IL Chicago Home W 89-75
12/1 54 Temple Neutral L 70-77
12/5 140 Princeton Away W 92-82
12/8 25 Villanova Away L 58-70
12/22 100 Loyola-Chicago Home W 45-42
12/29 245 Wagner Home W 59-57
1/3 137 George Mason Home L 60-85
1/6 249 G Washington Home L 56-70
1/9 195 St Bonaventure Away L 47-73
1/12 139 Duquesne Away L 84-85
1/15 69 Davidson Home W 61-60
1/18 64 St Louis Away L 57-68
1/23 229 Richmond Home 79.4%
1/26 111 Penn Neutal 35.5%
1/29 70 Dayton Away 15.8%
2/2 197 Massachusetts Home 70.3%
2/5 275 La Salle Away 61.8%
2/8 64 St Louis Home 37.2%
2/12 195 St Bonaventure Home 68%
2/15 69 Davidson Away 16.7%
2/23 197 Massachusetts Away 50%
2/27 235 Fordham Away 57.1%
3/2 275 La Salle Home 82.6%
3/5 129 Rhode Island Home 47.8%
3/8 52 VA Commonwealth Away 14.8%