Saint Louis University Billikens Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Saint Louis University Billikens. All of these projections for St Louis are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

St Louis Record and Rankings

Record: 23-12
Projected Final Record: 23.0-12.0

Atlantic 10 Conference Record: 10-8
Projected Final Atlantic 10 Record: 10.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic 10: 6

St Louis Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 98
RPI Rank: 85
NET Rank: 110
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 14 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-4 2-4 4-3 14-1
Win % by Tier 0.333 0.333 0.571 0.933

Our current projections give the Saint Louis University Billikens a 54.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 44.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account St Louis’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 4.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 8.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 39.8%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Saint Louis University Billikens. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

St Louis Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 312 SE Missouri St Home W 75-65
11/10 243 Troy Home W 62-58
11/13 300 North Alabama Home W 69-58
11/17 41 Seton Hall Away W 66-64
11/21 121 Pittsburgh Neutral L 73-75
11/24 287 Cent Arkansas Home W 73-61
12/1 72 Butler Home W 64-52
12/5 148 S Illinois Away L 56-61
12/9 91 Oregon St Home W 65-61
12/16 9 Houston Away L 64-68
12/19 305 NC Central Home W 74-65
12/22 10 Florida St Neutral L 59-81
12/30 228 Appalachian St Home W 83-55
1/6 129 Rhode Island Home W 60-53
1/9 239 Massachusetts Home W 65-62
1/12 221 La Salle Away W 71-64
1/15 265 Fordham Away W 63-60
1/18 178 St Joseph’s PA Home W 68-57
1/23 160 Duquesne Away L 73-77
1/26 75 Davidson Home L 53-54
1/30 208 Richmond Home L 81-84
2/2 129 Rhode Island Away L 54-65
2/5 81 Dayton Home W 73-60
2/8 178 St Joseph’s PA Away L 61-91
2/13 276 G Washington Away W 73-58
2/16 221 La Salle Home W 62-49
2/23 81 Dayton Away L 62-70
2/26 47 VA Commonwealth Away L 65-71
3/2 150 George Mason Home W 81-71
3/6 160 Duquesne Home W 85-75
3/9 125 St Bonaventure Away L 57-66
3/14 208 Richmond Neutal W 71-68
3/15 81 Dayton Neutal W 64-55
3/16 75 Davidson Neutal W 67-44
3/17 125 St Bonaventure Neutal W 55-53