Samford Bulldogs Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Samford Bulldogs. All of these projections for Samford are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Samford Record and Rankings

Record: 12-8
Projected Final Record: 16.6-14.4

Southern Conference Record: 2-5
Projected Final Southern Record: 6.6-11.4
Projected Final Rank in the Southern: 7

Samford Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 174
RPI Rank: 211
NET Rank: 145
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-3 2-1 9-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.667 0.818

Our current projections give the Samford Bulldogs a 2.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 96.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Samford’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Samford Bulldogs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Samford Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 290 North Alabama Home W 91-74
11/9 103 Jacksonville St Home W 92-72
11/12 348 Kennesaw Home W 74-60
11/14 No Rank Miles Home W 66-57
11/18 313 Cleveland St Away W 73-60
11/20 39 Ohio St Away L 50-68
11/23 207 PFW Away W 74-66
11/25 340 S Carolina St Home W 77-60
11/29 85 Belmont Home L 93-99
12/9 346 Alabama A&M Away W 77-59
12/13 250 Morehead St Home W 77-72
12/17 272 Houston Bap Home W 85-61
12/19 4 Tennessee Away L 70-83
12/22 53 UNC Greensboro Home L 75-83
12/29 294 VMI Home W 96-68
1/3 81 ETSU Away L 72-81
1/5 281 W Carolina Away L 69-76
1/12 241 Chattanooga Away L 75-80
1/17 211 Citadel Home W 80-77
1/19 194 Mercer Home L 87-93
1/24 35 Wofford Away 8%
1/26 68 Furman Away 16.2%
1/31 81 ETSU Home 36.6%
2/2 281 W Carolina Home 83.3%
2/7 53 UNC Greensboro Away 14.8%
2/9 294 VMI Away 65.3%
2/16 241 Chattanooga Home 79.4%
2/21 194 Mercer Away 44.5%
2/23 211 Citadel Away 53.7%
2/28 68 Furman Home 37.6%
3/2 35 Wofford Home 25.2%