Santa Clara Broncos Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Santa Clara Broncos. All of these projections for Santa Clara are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Santa Clara Record and Rankings

Record: 11-9
Projected Final Record: 14.9-15.1

WCC Conference Record: 3-3
Projected Final WCC Record: 6.9-9.1
Projected Final Rank in the WCC: 6

Santa Clara Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 185
RPI Rank: 201
NET Rank: 207
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 0-2 3-2 7-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.600 0.778

Our current projections give the Santa Clara Broncos a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Santa Clara’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Santa Clara Broncos. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Santa Clara Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 270 Prairie View Home L 64-81
11/15 107 UC Irvine Home L 49-61
11/18 37 Washington Neutral L 68-82
11/20 43 Minnesota Neutral L 66-80
11/24 331 San Jose St Away W 71-63
11/26 255 California Away L 66-78
11/29 323 Jackson St Home W 81-70
12/1 296 Northern Arizona Home W 81-74
12/7 258 Idaho St Home L 66-68
12/9 No Rank Sonoma St Home W 82-54
12/13 349 MS Valley St Home W 82-54
12/18 109 USC Home W 102-92
12/21 338 Idaho Home W 77-56
12/29 208 Washington St Neutal W 79-71
1/3 128 San Diego Home W 68-56
1/5 5 Gonzaga Away L 48-91
1/10 189 Pepperdine Home W 67-64
1/12 112 BYU Away L 74-80
1/17 56 St Mary’s CA Away L 55-75
1/19 179 Pacific Away W 69-57
1/24 5 Gonzaga Home 6.9%
1/26 143 Loy Marymount Home 47.4%
2/2 316 Portland Home 87.3%
2/7 189 Pepperdine Away 39.2%
2/9 45 San Francisco Away 7.8%
2/14 56 St Mary’s CA Home 25.2%
2/16 179 Pacific Home 58.2%
2/23 45 San Francisco Home 25.2%
2/28 143 Loy Marymount Away 24.7%
3/2 316 Portland Away 63.4%