Savannah State Tigers Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Savannah State Tigers. All of these projections for Savannah St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/21/2018.

Savannah St Record and Rankings

Record: 13-15
Projected Final Record: 14.6-16.4

MEAC Conference Record: 10-3
Projected Final MEAC Record: 11.6-4.4
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 2

Savannah St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 276
RPI Rank: 196
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-8 0-0 0-4 11-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.786

Our current projections give the Savannah State Tigers a 13.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 21.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 65.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Savannah St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 7.6%
NCAA #15 Seed 4.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 21.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Savannah State Tigers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Savannah St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 3 Cincinnati Away L 77-107
11/13 67 ETSU Home L 61-76
11/15 No Rank Mid Georgia Home W 114-80
11/17 62 ULL Away L 82-115
11/20 179 Jacksonville St Chattanooga, TN L 71-86
11/21 341 Alabama St Chattanooga, TN W 101-97
11/25 9 Texas Tech Away L 69-103
11/28 17 Wichita St Away L 66-112
11/30 No Rank Carver Bib Home W 98-60
12/2 155 William & Mary Home L 85-108
12/9 167 Ga Southern Away L 91-102
12/13 27 Texas A&M Away L 66-113
12/17 30 Baylor Away L 86-118
12/19 1 Virginia Away L 47-78
12/31 4 Michigan St Away L 52-108
1/6 342 Coppin St Away W 80-71
1/8 327 Morgan St Away L 88-89
1/13 345 MD E Shore Home W 87-59
1/15 334 Howard Home W 91-90
1/20 277 Hampton Home W 103-101
1/22 299 Norfolk St Home W 104-99
1/27 351 Delaware St Away W 106-86
1/31 344 Florida A&M Away W 107-100
2/3 338 S Carolina St Home W 111-99
2/10 327 Morgan St Home W 97-94
2/12 264 NC A&T Home W 108-106
2/17 299 Norfolk St Away L 77-85
2/19 277 Hampton Away L 102-114
2/24 282 Bethune-Cookman Away 34%
2/26 323 NC Central Home 63.8%
3/1 338 S Carolina St Away 59.5%