Seattle Redhawks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Seattle Redhawks. All of these projections for Seattle are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Seattle Record and Rankings

Record: 12-8
Projected Final Record: 18.5-12.5

WAC Conference Record: 0-5
Projected Final WAC Record: 6.5-9.5
Projected Final Rank in the WAC: 6

Seattle Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 178
RPI Rank: 199
NET Rank: 163
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-3 1-1 9-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.500 0.818

Our current projections give the Seattle Redhawks a 4.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Seattle’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 3.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Seattle Redhawks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Seattle Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 130 Stanford Away L 74-96
11/8 No Rank Puget Sound Home W 95-67
11/11 317 Bryant Neutal W 82-59
11/14 208 Washington St Neutal W 78-69
11/18 234 Southern Utah Home L 70-73
11/23 307 Denver Home W 82-63
11/24 289 Fairfield Home W 83-80
11/25 230 Longwood Home W 70-50
11/28 No Rank Northwest WA Home W 107-72
12/1 291 E Washington Home W 88-68
12/6 187 NE Omaha Home W 90-71
12/9 37 Washington Away L 62-70
12/17 316 Portland Away W 67-56
12/20 270 Prairie View Home W 102-64
12/29 255 California Away W 82-73
1/3 152 CS Bakersfield Away L 71-83
1/5 101 Grand Canyon Away L 57-71
1/12 114 Utah Valley Away L 78-88
1/17 77 New Mexico St Home L 60-87
1/19 191 UTRGV Home L 62-67
1/24 342 Chicago St Away 82.6%
1/26 244 Missouri KC Away 56.7%
2/2 239 Cal Baptist Home 79.9%
2/9 114 Utah Valley Home 43.3%
2/14 191 UTRGV Away 43.5%
2/16 77 New Mexico St Away 14.1%
2/21 244 Missouri KC Home 80.6%
2/23 342 Chicago St Home 93%
2/28 239 Cal Baptist Away 54.4%
3/7 152 CS Bakersfield Home 57.3%
3/9 101 Grand Canyon Home 41.8%