Seton Hall Pirates Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Seton Hall Pirates. All of these projections for Seton Hall are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Seton Hall Record and Rankings

Record: 20-13
Projected Final Record: 20.0-13.0

Big East Conference Record: 9-9
Projected Final Big East Record: 9.0-9.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 3

Seton Hall Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 41
RPI Rank: 41
NET Rank: 58
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 8 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 6-4 4-5 6-3 4-1
Win % by Tier 0.600 0.444 0.667 0.800

Our current projections give the Seton Hall Pirates a 88.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 9.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 2.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Seton Hall’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 6.8%
NCAA #8 Seed 61.8%
NCAA #9 Seed 9.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 5.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 3.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 4.4%
NIT #2 Seed 2.0%
NIT #3 Seed 1.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Seton Hall Pirates. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Seton Hall Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 299 Wagner Home W 89-49
11/14 49 Nebraska Away L 57-80
11/17 98 St Louis Home L 64-66
11/22 123 Grand Canyon Neutal W 82-75
11/23 186 Hawaii Neutal W 64-54
11/25 84 Miami FL Neutal W 83-81
12/1 25 Louisville Home L 65-70
12/4 341 New Hampshire Home W 77-57
12/8 5 Kentucky Neutal W 84-83
12/15 82 Rutgers Home W 72-66
12/19 262 Sacred Heart Home W 90-76
12/22 26 Maryland Away W 78-74
12/29 61 St John’s Home W 76-74
1/2 60 Xavier Away W 80-70
1/6 92 DePaul Away L 74-75
1/9 72 Butler Home W 76-75
1/12 27 Marquette Away L 66-70
1/15 66 Providence Away L 63-72
1/19 92 DePaul Home L 93-97
1/27 22 Villanova Away L 52-80
1/30 66 Providence Home W 65-63
2/2 72 Butler Away L 68-70
2/9 52 Creighton Home W 63-58
2/13 68 Georgetown Home W 90-75
2/17 52 Creighton Away W 81-75
2/20 60 Xavier Home L 69-70
2/23 61 St John’s Away L 70-78
3/2 68 Georgetown Away L 71-77
3/6 27 Marquette Home W 73-64
3/9 22 Villanova Home W 79-75
3/14 68 Georgetown Neutal W 73-57
3/15 27 Marquette Neutal W 81-79
3/16 22 Villanova Neutral L 72-74