South Carolina Gamecocks Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the South Carolina Gamecocks. All of these projections for South Carolina are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

South Carolina Record and Rankings

Record: 17-16
Projected Final Record: 17.0-16.0

SEC Conference Record: 8-12
Projected Final SEC Record: 8.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the SEC: 11

South Carolina Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 68
RPI Rank: 89
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-11 2-4 6-1 5-0
Win % by Tier 0.214 0.333 0.857 1.000

Our current projections give the South Carolina Gamecocks a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 34.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 65.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account South Carolina’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.6%
NIT #2 Seed 7.0%
NIT #3 Seed 6.8%
NIT #4 Seed 9.4%
NIT #5 Seed 9.0%
NIT #6 Seed 1.6%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the South Carolina Gamecocks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

South Carolina Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 132 Wofford Away W 73-52
11/13 170 W Michigan Home W 78-60
11/16 119 Illinois St Conway, SC L 65-69
11/17 256 UTEP Conway, SC W 80-56
11/19 170 W Michigan Conway, SC W 79-66
11/27 251 Florida Intl Away W 78-61
11/30 82 Temple New York, NY L 60-76
12/2 200 Massachusetts Home W 76-70
12/6 109 Wyoming Home W 80-64
12/9 229 Coastal Car Home W 80-78
12/19 20 Clemson Away L 48-64
12/27 No Rank Limestone Home W 74-45
12/31 103 Mississippi Away L 69-74
1/3 42 Missouri Home L 68-79
1/6 86 Vanderbilt Home W 71-60
1/9 49 Alabama Away L 62-76
1/13 58 Georgia Away W 64-57
1/16 17 Kentucky Home W 76-68
1/20 12 Tennessee Home L 63-70
1/24 23 Florida Away W 77-72
1/27 15 Texas Tech Home L 63-70
1/31 51 Mississippi St Home L 76-81
2/3 26 Texas A&M Away L 60-83
2/6 24 Arkansas Away L 65-81
2/10 23 Florida Home L 41-65
2/13 12 Tennessee Away L 67-70
2/17 14 Auburn Home W 84-75
2/21 58 Georgia Home W 66-57
2/24 51 Mississippi St Away L 68-72
2/28 62 LSU Home W 83-74
3/3 14 Auburn Away L 70-79
3/7 103 Mississippi St. Louis, MO W 85-84
3/8 24 Arkansas St. Louis, MO L 64-69