South Dakota State Jackrabbits Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. All of these projections for S Dakota St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/21/2018.

S Dakota St Record and Rankings

Record: 23-6
Projected Final Record: 24.1-6.9

Summit Conference Record: 11-1
Projected Final Summit Record: 12.1-1.9
Projected Final Rank in the Summit: 1

S Dakota St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 74
RPI Rank: 67
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 13 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 1-2 5-1 12-0
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.333 0.833 1.000

Our current projections give the South Dakota State Jackrabbits a 48.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 31.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 19.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account S Dakota St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 4.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 43.6%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.8%
NIT #5 Seed 19.4%
NIT #6 Seed 11.4%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

S Dakota St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 156 UC Irvine Home W 65-54
11/12 No Rank Mary ND Home W 78-54
11/14 341 Alabama St Home W 94-63
11/17 11 Kansas Away L 64-98
11/20 103 Wyoming George Town, Cayman Islands L 65-77
11/21 110 Iowa George Town, Cayman Islands W 80-72
11/22 79 Buffalo George Town, Cayman Islands W 94-80
11/26 No Rank Dakota St Home W 92-60
11/28 97 Mississippi Away W 99-97
12/2 116 Missouri St Sioux Falls, SD L 53-73
12/5 17 Wichita St Away L 85-95
12/8 No Rank Concordia NE Home W 103-67
12/12 244 North Dakota Home W 99-63
12/15 95 Colorado Away L 103-112
12/19 137 Drake Home W 87-74
12/22 270 Missouri KC Away W 85-60
12/30 No Rank Presentation Home W 111-68
1/3 187 N Dakota St Away W 87-80
1/6 255 NE Omaha Away W 101-88
1/11 229 Oral Roberts Home W 78-75
1/13 202 Denver Home W 94-72
1/20 273 W Illinois Away W 98-70
1/24 78 South Dakota Away L 68-87
1/27 161 IPFW Home W 78-76
1/30 255 NE Omaha Home W 80-60
2/1 187 N Dakota St Home W 82-63
2/8 202 Denver Away W 81-77
2/10 229 Oral Roberts Away W 85-75
2/17 273 W Illinois Home W 82-62
2/22 78 South Dakota Home 53.3%
2/24 161 IPFW Away 61.5%