Southern Illinois Salukis Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Southern Illinois Salukis. All of these projections for S Illinois are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

S Illinois Record and Rankings

Record: 9-9
Projected Final Record: 16.3-14.7

MVC Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final MVC Record: 9.3-8.7
Projected Final Rank in the MVC: 5

S Illinois Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 148
RPI Rank: 137
NET Rank: 146
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 2-0 1-3 6-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 1.000 0.250 0.750

Our current projections give the Southern Illinois Salukis a 12.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 81.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account S Illinois’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #13 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 6.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 2.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.6%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.6%
NIT #7 Seed 1.0%
NIT #8 Seed 2.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Southern Illinois Salukis. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

S Illinois Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 12 Kentucky Away L 59-71
11/12 11 Buffalo Home L 53-62
11/17 282 Ark Pine Bluff Home W 78-48
11/19 331 Howard Home W 83-69
11/22 195 Massachusetts Neutral L 62-84
11/23 99 Tulsa Neutal W 79-69
11/27 212 Colorado St Away W 82-67
12/1 325 SIUE Away W 82-61
12/5 67 St Louis Home W 61-56
12/8 317 SE Missouri St Away W 83-73
12/12 51 Murray St Home L 52-80
12/15 11 Buffalo Away L 65-73
12/22 161 Winthrop Home L 71-79
1/2 196 Missouri St Home W 75-70
1/5 191 Northern Iowa Away W 58-51
1/8 122 Drake Away L 70-82
1/12 175 Valparaiso Home L 61-65
1/15 172 Illinois St Away L 58-59
1/20 219 Bradley Home 80.4%
1/23 191 Northern Iowa Home 75.3%
1/27 111 Loyola-Chicago Away 28.2%
1/30 163 Indiana St Home 64.1%
2/2 219 Bradley Away 57.1%
2/6 196 Missouri St Away 54.4%
2/9 171 Evansville Home 65.6%
2/12 122 Drake Home 54.8%
2/16 163 Indiana St Away 43.9%
2/20 175 Valparaiso Away 47.1%
2/24 111 Loyola-Chicago Home 48.9%
2/27 171 Evansville Away 44.5%
3/2 172 Illinois St Home 65.6%