Temple Owls Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Temple Owls. All of these projections for Temple are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Temple Record and Rankings

Record: 23-9
Projected Final Record: 23.0-9.0

AAC Conference Record: 13-5
Projected Final AAC Record: 13.0-5.0
Projected Final Rank in the AAC: 3

Temple Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 56
RPI Rank: 34
NET Rank: 54
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 11 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 4-6 3-2 7-1 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.400 0.600 0.875 1.000

Our current projections give the Temple Owls a 47.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 48.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 3.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Temple’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 21.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 23.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 10.6%
NIT #2 Seed 7.2%
NIT #3 Seed 11.4%
NIT #4 Seed 11.0%
NIT #5 Seed 5.6%
NIT #6 Seed 2.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.4%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Temple Owls. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Temple Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 221 La Salle Home W 75-67
11/9 248 Detroit Home W 83-67
11/13 124 Georgia Home W 81-77
11/16 279 Loyola MD Home W 81-67
11/19 47 VA Commonwealth Neutral L 51-57
11/20 230 California Neutal W 76-59
11/27 73 Missouri Away W 79-77
12/1 178 St Joseph’s PA Neutal W 77-70
12/5 22 Villanova Away L 59-69
12/12 239 Massachusetts Home W 65-63
12/15 75 Davidson Neutal W 77-75
12/22 238 Drexel Neutal W 82-64
1/2 35 UCF Away L 73-78
1/6 74 Wichita St Away W 85-81
1/9 9 Houston Home W 73-69
1/12 122 South Florida Home W 82-80
1/16 253 East Carolina Away W 85-74
1/19 126 Penn Home L 70-77
1/24 58 Memphis Home W 85-76
1/27 24 Cincinnati Home L 68-72
1/31 9 Houston Away L 66-73
2/2 313 Tulane Away W 75-67
2/6 106 Connecticut Home W 81-63
2/9 107 Tulsa Away L 58-76
2/13 110 SMU Home W 82-74
2/16 122 South Florida Away W 70-69
2/23 107 Tulsa Home W 84-73
2/26 58 Memphis Away L 73-81
3/3 313 Tulane Home W 80-69
3/7 106 Connecticut Away W 78-71
3/9 35 UCF Home W 67-62
3/15 74 Wichita St Neutral L 74-80