Texas A&M Aggies Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Texas A&M Aggies. All of these projections for Texas A&M are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Texas A&M Record and Rankings

Record: 22-12
Projected Final Record: 22.3-12.7

SEC Conference Record: 9-10
Projected Final SEC Record: 9.0-10.0
Projected Final Rank in the SEC: 8

Texas A&M Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 26
RPI Rank: 29
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 7 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 6-8 6-3 4-1 4-0
Win % by Tier 0.429 0.667 0.800 1.000

Our current projections give the Texas A&M Aggies a 99.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Texas A&M’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 3.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 6.8%
NCAA #6 Seed 22.8%
NCAA #7 Seed 41.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 17.8%
NCAA #9 Seed 6.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.6%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Texas A&M Aggies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Texas A&M Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/11 13 West Virginia Ramstein, Germany W 88-65
11/17 117 UC Santa Barbara Home W 84-65
11/20 37 Oklahoma St Brooklyn, NY W 72-55
11/21 50 Penn St Brooklyn, NY W 98-87
11/24 292 Pepperdine Home W 81-65
11/26 39 USC Away W 75-59
11/30 250 UTRGV Home W 78-60
12/5 16 Arizona Phoenix, AZ L 64-67
12/9 287 Prairie View Home W 73-53
12/13 297 Savannah St Home W 113-66
12/19 135 N Kentucky Home W 64-58
12/21 69 Buffalo Home W 89-73
12/30 49 Alabama Away L 57-79
1/2 23 Florida Home L 66-83
1/6 62 LSU Home L 68-69
1/9 17 Kentucky Away L 73-74
1/13 12 Tennessee Away L 62-75
1/16 103 Mississippi Home W 71-69
1/20 42 Missouri Home W 60-49
1/23 62 LSU Away L 65-77
1/27 7 Kansas Away L 68-79
1/30 24 Arkansas Home W 80-66
2/3 68 South Carolina Home W 83-60
2/7 14 Auburn Away W 81-80
2/10 17 Kentucky Home W 85-74
2/13 42 Missouri Away L 58-62
2/17 24 Arkansas Away L 75-94
2/20 51 Mississippi St Home L 81-93
2/24 86 Vanderbilt Away W 89-81
2/28 58 Georgia Away W 61-60
3/3 49 Alabama Home W 68-66
3/8 49 Alabama St. Louis, MO L 70-71
3/16 48 Providence NCAA Tournament Charlotte NC W 73-69
3/18 10 North Carolina NCAA Tournament W 86-65
3/22 9 Michigan NCAA Tournament Los Angeles, CA 35%