Texas Longhorns Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Texas Longhorns. All of these projections for Texas are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Texas Record and Rankings

Record: 16-16
Projected Final Record: 16.0-16.0

Big 12 Conference Record: 8-10
Projected Final Big 12 Record: 8.0-10.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big 12: 6

Texas Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 40
RPI Rank: 68
NET Rank: 38
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 4-11 4-2 5-3 3-0
Win % by Tier 0.267 0.667 0.625 1.000

Our current projections give the Texas Longhorns a 42.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 57.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Texas’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #4 Seed 1.6%
NCAA #5 Seed 5.2%
NCAA #6 Seed 13.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #8 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #9 Seed 3.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 5.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 4.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 3.0%
NIT #2 Seed 7.0%
NIT #3 Seed 31.6%
NIT #4 Seed 13.4%
NIT #5 Seed 1.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.6%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Texas Longhorns. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Texas Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 294 E Illinois Home W 71-59
11/9 63 Arkansas Neutal W 73-71
11/12 165 ULM Home W 65-55
11/16 254 Citadel Home W 97-69
11/22 4 North Carolina Neutal W 92-89
11/23 6 Michigan St Neutral L 68-78
11/30 141 Radford Home L 59-62
12/5 47 VA Commonwealth Home L 53-54
12/9 12 Purdue Home W 72-68
12/15 123 Grand Canyon Home W 98-60
12/21 66 Providence Home L 65-71
12/28 147 UT Arlington Home W 76-56
1/2 20 Kansas St Away W 67-47
1/5 77 West Virginia Home W 61-54
1/8 76 Oklahoma St Away L 58-61
1/12 11 Texas Tech Home L 62-68
1/14 15 Kansas Away L 78-80
1/19 37 Oklahoma Home W 75-72
1/23 43 TCU Away L 61-65
1/26 124 Georgia Away L 88-98
1/29 15 Kansas Home W 73-63
2/2 23 Iowa St Away L 60-65
2/6 44 Baylor Home W 84-72
2/9 77 West Virginia Away W 75-53
2/12 20 Kansas St Home L 64-71
2/16 76 Oklahoma St Home W 69-57
2/23 37 Oklahoma Away L 67-69
2/27 44 Baylor Away L 83-84
3/2 23 Iowa St Home W 86-69
3/4 11 Texas Tech Away L 51-70
3/9 43 TCU Home L 56-69
3/14 15 Kansas Neutral L 57-65