Texas Southern Tigers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Texas Southern Tigers. All of these projections for TX Southern are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

TX Southern Record and Rankings

Record: 7-10
Projected Final Record: 18.1-12.9

Southwestern Conference Record: 2-2
Projected Final Southwestern Record: 13.1-4.9
Projected Final Rank in the Southwestern: 2

TX Southern Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 198
RPI Rank: 202
NET Rank: 199
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 3-1 0-3 2-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.750 0.000 0.400

Our current projections give the Texas Southern Tigers a 55.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 17.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 27.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account TX Southern’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 6.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 48.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 17.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Texas Southern Tigers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

TX Southern Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 55 Baylor Away W 72-69
11/10 5 Gonzaga Away L 67-104
11/12 17 Iowa St Away L 73-85
11/14 151 San Diego St Away L 64-103
11/18 175 Evansville Away L 63-85
11/26 79 Oregon Away W 89-84
11/29 No Rank Huston-Tillot Home W 81-76
12/1 59 Arizona St Away L 71-83
12/3 94 Georgia Away L 75-92
12/8 No Rank Concordia TX Home W 107-70
12/17 311 Tulane Away L 70-77
12/19 283 Lamar Away L 72-80
12/29 122 Texas A&M Away W 88-73
1/5 352 Alcorn St Away W 87-70
1/7 343 Southern Univ Away W 77-67
1/12 270 Prairie View Away L 73-79
1/19 285 Grambling Home L 87-88
1/21 323 Jackson St Home 83.8%
1/26 304 Ark Pine Bluff Away 64.5%
1/28 349 MS Valley St Away 85.2%
2/2 308 Alabama St Home 81.6%
2/4 346 Alabama A&M Home 92%
2/9 270 Prairie View Home 72.8%
2/16 285 Grambling Away 60.5%
2/18 323 Jackson St Away 67.2%
2/23 304 Ark Pine Bluff Home 80.4%
2/25 349 MS Valley St Home 92.2%
3/2 308 Alabama St Away 63.4%
3/4 346 Alabama A&M Away 81.4%
3/7 352 Alcorn St Home 92.6%
3/9 343 Southern Univ Home 88.9%