The Citadel Bulldogs Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the The Citadel Bulldogs. All of these projections for Citadel are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Citadel Record and Rankings

Record: 9-7
Projected Final Record: 14.4-14.6

Southern Conference Record: 1-4
Projected Final Southern Record: 6.4-11.6
Projected Final Rank in the Southern: 8

Citadel Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 203
RPI Rank: 160
NET Rank: 212
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-1 2-0 4-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 1.000 0.667

Our current projections give the The Citadel Bulldogs a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Citadel’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the The Citadel Bulldogs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Citadel Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 42 Clemson Away L 80-100
11/12 No Rank Mid-Atlantic Chr Home W 148-75
11/14 No Rank Johnson FL Home W 137-60
11/16 39 Texas Away L 69-97
11/20 236 James Madison Away W 91-82
11/24 130 South Florida Away W 84-81
11/27 209 High Point Home W 112-87
12/1 210 Mercer Home W 79-69
12/5 No Rank J&W NC Home W 127-93
12/15 317 SE Missouri St Home W 86-74
12/18 227 Campbell Away W 82-76
12/29 221 Longwood Home L 94-110
1/3 37 Wofford Away L 81-112
1/5 66 Furman Away L 85-101
1/10 55 ETSU Home L 73-98
1/12 262 W Carolina Home L 82-94
1/17 158 Samford Away 22.8%
1/19 261 Chattanooga Away 52.6%
1/24 63 UNC Greensboro Away 13.7%
1/26 318 VMI Home 83.3%
1/31 66 Furman Home 32.8%
2/2 37 Wofford Home 18.6%
2/9 210 Mercer Away 39.5%
2/14 55 ETSU Away 10.6%
2/16 262 W Carolina Away 52.2%
2/21 261 Chattanooga Home 69.5%
2/23 158 Samford Home 43.9%
2/28 63 UNC Greensboro Home 34%
3/2 318 VMI Away 61.8%