UC Irvine Anteaters Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the UC Irvine Anteaters. All of these projections for UC Irvine are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

UC Irvine Record and Rankings

Record: 15-5
Projected Final Record: 24.2-7.8

Big West Conference Record: 3-1
Projected Final Big West Record: 12.2-3.8
Projected Final Rank in the Big West: 1

UC Irvine Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 107
RPI Rank: 101
NET Rank: 133
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 14 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 3-2 4-1 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.600 0.800 0.875

Our current projections give the UC Irvine Anteaters a 42.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 27.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 30.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account UC Irvine’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 3.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 21.6%
NCAA #14 Seed 16.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 1.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.6%
NIT #6 Seed 3.4%
NIT #7 Seed 17.2%
NIT #8 Seed 4.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the UC Irvine Anteaters. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

UC Irvine Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 338 Idaho Home W 86-68
11/9 122 Texas A&M Away W 74-73
11/12 No Rank Life Pacific Home W 87-53
11/15 185 Santa Clara Away W 61-49
11/19 181 UT San Antonio Neutal W 65-56
11/20 311 Tulane Neutal W 67-55
11/21 62 Toledo Neutral L 60-67
11/28 56 St Mary’s CA Away W 80-75
12/1 57 Utah St Home L 65-89
12/5 239 Cal Baptist Away W 69-66
12/8 142 Montana Home W 60-51
12/15 307 Denver Home W 86-52
12/19 162 E Michigan Away W 52-48
12/21 42 Butler Away L 54-71
12/29 179 Pacific Away L 75-84
1/3 191 UTRGV Home W 85-74
1/10 274 UC Davis Home W 71-69
1/12 210 CS Fullerton Away W 63-46
1/16 190 Long Beach St Home L 70-80
1/19 279 CS Northridge Away W 74-68
1/23 170 Hawaii Away 57.1%
1/26 306 UC Riverside Home 93.4%
1/31 132 UC Santa Barbara Away 48.2%
2/2 190 Long Beach St Away 61.5%
2/6 210 CS Fullerton Home 85.9%
2/9 170 Hawaii Home 80.9%
2/16 132 UC Santa Barbara Home 70.3%
2/21 337 Cal Poly Home 96.4%
2/28 274 UC Davis Away 69.1%
3/2 306 UC Riverside Away 79.7%
3/7 337 Cal Poly Away 83.3%
3/9 279 CS Northridge Home 91.8%