University of Texas Arlington Mavericks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the University of Texas Arlington Mavericks. All of these projections for UT Arlington are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

UT Arlington Record and Rankings

Record: 8-11
Projected Final Record: 12.7-18.3

Sun Belt Conference Record: 4-2
Projected Final Sun Belt Record: 8.7-9.3
Projected Final Rank in the Sun Belt: 7

UT Arlington Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 209
RPI Rank: 210
NET Rank: 220
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-5 0-0 7-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.778

Our current projections give the University of Texas Arlington Mavericks a 0.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account UT Arlington’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the University of Texas Arlington Mavericks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

UT Arlington Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank UT Tyler Home W 90-66
11/10 188 Northern Iowa Home W 74-65
11/16 261 TAM C. Christi Home L 67-73
11/18 274 UC Davis Home W 68-59
11/20 34 Indiana Away L 64-78
11/23 78 Arkansas Away L 60-78
11/27 104 Tulsa Away L 58-72
12/1 191 UTRGV Home L 65-76
12/4 71 Missouri Away L 45-65
12/8 90 North Texas Away L 61-63
12/18 5 Gonzaga Away L 55-89
12/21 337 Cal Poly Away W 75-70
12/28 36 Texas Away L 56-76
1/3 87 Georgia St Home L 58-63
1/5 124 Ga Southern Home L 64-77
1/10 303 Appalachian St Away W 82-72
1/12 214 Coastal Car Away W 61-58
1/17 228 Arkansas St Home W 68-59
1/19 266 Ark Little Rock Home W 82-73
1/24 124 Ga Southern Away 15.8%
1/26 87 Georgia St Away 12.2%
2/2 98 Texas St Away 14.3%
2/7 214 Coastal Car Home 56.3%
2/9 303 Appalachian St Home 75.3%
2/14 266 Ark Little Rock Away 48.5%
2/16 228 Arkansas St Away 44.5%
2/21 167 Louisiana Home 43.7%
2/23 149 ULM Home 42.5%
2/28 276 South Alabama Away 51.5%
3/2 183 Troy Away 33.6%
3/9 98 Texas St Home 34.7%