Utah Valley Wolverines Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Utah Valley Wolverines. All of these projections for Utah Valley are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Utah Valley Record and Rankings

Record: 24-9
Projected Final Record: 24.0-9.0

WAC Conference Record: 12-4
Projected Final WAC Record: 12.0-4.0
Projected Final Rank in the WAC: 2

Utah Valley Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 88
RPI Rank: 59
NET Rank: 91
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 1-3 8-2 13-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.250 0.800 1.000

Our current projections give the Utah Valley Wolverines a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 29.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 71.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Utah Valley’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 1.0%
NIT #5 Seed 1.0%
NIT #6 Seed 4.4%
NIT #7 Seed 21.8%
NIT #8 Seed 0.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Utah Valley Wolverines. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Utah Valley Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Westminster UT Home W 96-71
11/9 90 BYU Away L 65-75
11/11 39 St Mary’s CA Away L 63-92
11/16 30 Utah St Away L 46-65
11/19 197 Hartford Neutal W 72-65
11/21 210 Long Beach St Neutal W 87-72
11/24 296 North Dakota Home W 74-68
11/28 No Rank Western St CO Home W 82-59
12/1 324 Denver Home W 98-75
12/6 108 Arizona Away L 69-80
12/8 304 Northern Arizona Away W 98-78
12/15 217 Weber St Away W 75-63
12/19 318 Idaho St Home W 88-77
12/22 158 Sam Houston St Home W 85-79
12/29 86 Fresno St Away W 64-60
1/3 123 Grand Canyon Away L 60-71
1/5 215 CS Bakersfield Away L 71-73
1/12 188 Seattle Home W 88-78
1/17 162 UTRGV Home W 82-61
1/19 48 New Mexico St Home L 78-83
1/24 246 Missouri KC Away W 75-67
1/26 351 Chicago St Away W 74-60
1/30 204 Cal Baptist Home W 79-62
2/14 48 New Mexico St Away L 77-84
2/16 162 UTRGV Away W 76-64
2/21 351 Chicago St Home W 103-71
2/23 246 Missouri KC Home W 79-67
2/26 188 Seattle Away W 77-68
3/2 204 Cal Baptist Away W 64-63
3/7 123 Grand Canyon Home W 82-70
3/9 215 CS Bakersfield Home W 76-61
3/14 246 Missouri KC Neutal W 71-64
3/15 123 Grand Canyon Neutral L 74-78