Vanderbilt Commodores Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Vanderbilt Commodores. All of these projections for Vanderbilt are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Vanderbilt Record and Rankings

Record: 12-20
Projected Final Record: 12.0-20.0

SEC Conference Record: 6-13
Projected Final SEC Record: 6.0-13.0
Projected Final Rank in the SEC: 13

Vanderbilt Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 86
RPI Rank: 130
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-12 3-8 5-0 3-0
Win % by Tier 0.077 0.273 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Vanderbilt Commodores a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 10.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 89.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Vanderbilt’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 2.2%
NIT #4 Seed 3.8%
NIT #5 Seed 4.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Vanderbilt Commodores. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Vanderbilt Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 184 Austin Peay Home W 73-54
11/13 88 Belmont Away L 60-69
11/17 180 UNC Asheville Home W 79-76
11/19 39 USC Home L 89-93
11/23 1 Virginia Brooklyn, NY L 42-68
11/24 31 Seton Hall Brooklyn, NY L 59-72
11/28 173 Radford Home W 74-62
12/3 25 Kansas St Home L 79-84
12/6 65 MTSU Home L 63-66
12/17 53 Arizona St Away L 64-76
12/20 344 Houston Bap Home W 81-48
12/22 341 Alcorn St Home W 92-51
12/30 23 Florida Away L 74-81
1/2 49 Alabama Home W 76-75
1/6 68 South Carolina Away L 60-71
1/9 12 Tennessee Home L 84-92
1/13 17 Kentucky Home L 67-74
1/16 51 Mississippi St Away L 62-80
1/20 62 LSU Home W 77-71
1/23 12 Tennessee Away L 62-67
1/27 22 TCU Home W 81-78
1/30 17 Kentucky Away L 81-83
2/3 14 Auburn Away L 81-93
2/7 58 Georgia Home W 81-66
2/10 24 Arkansas Away L 54-72
2/14 51 Mississippi St Home W 81-80
2/17 23 Florida Home W 71-68
2/20 62 LSU Away L 78-88
2/24 26 Texas A&M Home L 81-89
2/27 42 Missouri Home L 66-74
3/3 103 Mississippi Away W 82-69
3/7 58 Georgia St. Louis, MO L 62-78