Villanova Wildcats Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Villanova Wildcats. All of these projections for Villanova are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Villanova Record and Rankings

Record: 13-4
Projected Final Record: 22.2-8.8

Big East Conference Record: 4-0
Projected Final Big East Record: 13.2-4.8
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 1

Villanova Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 24
RPI Rank: 13
NET Rank: 24
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 4 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-2 3-1 2-1 5-0
Win % by Tier 0.600 0.750 0.667 1.000

Our current projections give the Villanova Wildcats a 93.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 6.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Villanova’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 2.6%
NCAA #2 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #3 Seed 14.2%
NCAA #4 Seed 19.6%
NCAA #5 Seed 14.2%
NCAA #6 Seed 13.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 8.4%
NCAA #8 Seed 4.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 2.8%
NCAA #11 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 1.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.6%
NIT #3 Seed 0.6%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 1.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.6%
NIT #7 Seed 1.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Villanova Wildcats. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Villanova Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 329 Morgan St Home W 100-77
11/10 224 Quinnipiac Home W 86-53
11/14 2 Michigan Home L 46-73
11/17 66 Furman Home L 68-76
11/22 266 Canisius Neutal W 83-56
11/23 74 Oklahoma St Neutal W 77-58
11/25 26 Florida St Neutal W 66-60
12/1 272 La Salle Neutal W 85-78
12/5 40 Temple Home W 69-59
12/8 164 St Joseph’s PA Home W 70-58
12/11 136 Penn Away L 75-78
12/15 7 Kansas Away L 71-74
12/22 94 Connecticut Neutal W 81-58
1/2 100 DePaul Home W 73-68
1/5 77 Providence Away W 65-59
1/8 34 St John’s Home W 76-71
1/13 54 Creighton Away W 90-78
1/18 76 Xavier Home 85.2%
1/22 49 Butler Away 52.9%
1/27 38 Seton Hall Home 77.2%
1/30 100 DePaul Away 65.3%
2/3 85 Georgetown Home 85.7%
2/6 54 Creighton Home 81.8%
2/9 17 Marquette Away 38.5%
2/13 77 Providence Home 84.2%
2/17 34 St John’s Away 46.3%
2/20 85 Georgetown Away 60.8%
2/24 76 Xavier Away 59.2%
2/27 17 Marquette Home 60.8%
3/2 49 Butler Home 76.7%
3/9 38 Seton Hall Away 50%