Wake Forest Demon Deacons Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. All of these projections for Wake Forest are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Wake Forest Record and Rankings

Record: 8-9
Projected Final Record: 10.5-19.5

ACC Conference Record: 1-4
Projected Final ACC Record: 3.5-14.5
Projected Final Rank in the ACC: 15

Wake Forest Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 164
RPI Rank: 163
NET Rank: 178
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 1-0 2-3 5-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 1.000 0.400 0.625

Our current projections give the Wake Forest Demon Deacons a 1.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 3.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 95.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Wake Forest’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.8%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.6%
NIT #4 Seed 0.6%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.4%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Wake Forest Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 256 NC A&T Home W 90-78
11/15 168 St Joseph’s PA Neutral L 69-89
11/16 210 CS Fullerton Neutal W 66-59
11/18 165 Valparaiso Neutal W 69-63
11/23 272 Houston Bap Home L 91-93
11/27 281 W Carolina Home W 71-64
12/1 229 Richmond Away L 74-84
12/6 238 Charlotte Home W 80-56
12/17 69 Davidson Home W 67-63
12/22 4 Tennessee Away L 64-83
12/29 173 Gardner Webb Home L 69-73
1/2 216 Cornell Home W 83-61
1/5 89 Georgia Tech Away L 79-92
1/8 3 Duke Home L 65-87
1/12 97 Miami FL Away L 65-76
1/15 33 NC State Home W 71-67
1/19 11 Virginia Tech Away L 71-87
1/22 1 Virginia Away 1.1%
1/26 123 Boston College Home 48.2%
1/30 21 Louisville Home 18.6%
2/3 44 Clemson Away 8%
2/5 65 Pittsburgh Home 39.9%
2/13 27 Florida St Away 6.3%
2/16 10 North Carolina Home 11.1%
2/19 82 Notre Dame Away 14.8%
2/24 33 NC State Away 7.4%
2/26 97 Miami FL Home 43.5%
3/2 41 Syracuse Home 30.9%
3/5 3 Duke Away 1.3%
3/9 27 Florida St Home 21.8%