Washington Huskies Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Washington Huskies. All of these projections for Washington are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Washington Record and Rankings

Record: 21-12
Projected Final Record: 21.2-12.8

Pac-12 Conference Record: 10-9
Projected Final Pac-12 Record: 10.0-9.0
Projected Final Rank in the Pac-12: 7

Washington Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 80
RPI Rank: 71
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-5 2-4 8-3 7-0
Win % by Tier 0.375 0.333 0.727 1.000

Our current projections give the Washington Huskies a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 58.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 41.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Washington’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 2.0%
NIT #4 Seed 7.6%
NIT #5 Seed 46.4%
NIT #6 Seed 2.8%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Washington Huskies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Washington Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 88 Belmont Home W 86-82
11/12 131 E Washington Home W 79-69
11/16 48 Providence New York, NY L 70-77
11/17 27 Virginia Tech New York, NY L 79-103
11/24 174 Seattle Home W 89-84
11/26 126 UC Davis Home W 77-70
11/28 309 Kennesaw Home W 85-71
12/3 282 NE Omaha Home W 86-73
12/6 7 Kansas Kansas City, MO W 74-65
12/10 11 Gonzaga Home L 70-97
12/17 236 Loy Marymount Home W 80-77
12/19 284 Bethune-Cookman Home W 106-55
12/22 73 Montana Home W 66-63
12/29 39 USC Away W 88-81
12/31 41 UCLA Away L 53-74
1/6 159 Washington St Away W 70-65
1/11 203 California Home W 66-56
1/13 74 Stanford Home L 64-73
1/18 56 Utah Away L 62-70
1/20 90 Colorado Away W 72-62
1/28 159 Washington St Home W 80-62
2/1 53 Arizona St Home W 68-64
2/3 16 Arizona Home W 78-75
2/8 60 Oregon Away L 40-65
2/10 95 Oregon St Away L 94-97
2/15 56 Utah Home L 58-70
2/17 90 Colorado Home W 82-59
2/22 74 Stanford Away L 78-94
2/24 203 California Away W 68-51
3/1 95 Oregon St Home W 79-77
3/3 60 Oregon Home L 64-72
3/7 95 Oregon St Las Vegas, NV L 66-69
3/14 66 Boise St Home W 77-74
3/19 43 St Mary’s CA Away 18.4%