Washington State Cougars Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Washington State Cougars. All of these projections for Washington St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Washington St Record and Rankings

Record: 8-10
Projected Final Record: 11.3-19.7

Pac-12 Conference Record: 1-4
Projected Final Pac-12 Record: 4.3-13.7
Projected Final Rank in the Pac-12: 11

Washington St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 208
RPI Rank: 272
NET Rank: 184
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 0-2 1-3 7-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.250 0.778

Our current projections give the Washington State Cougars a 0.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Washington St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Washington State Cougars. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Washington St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/11 297 Nicholls St Home W 89-72
11/14 178 Seattle Neutral L 69-78
11/19 337 Cal Poly Home W 84-70
11/24 350 Delaware St Home W 80-52
11/27 279 CS Northridge Home W 103-94
12/1 77 New Mexico St Away L 63-69
12/5 338 Idaho Home W 90-70
12/9 269 Montana St Neutral L 90-95
12/17 169 Rider Home W 94-80
12/19 327 SIUE Home W 89-73
12/22 128 San Diego Neutral L 75-82
12/23 77 New Mexico St Neutral L 72-75
12/29 185 Santa Clara Neutral L 71-79
1/5 37 Washington Away L 67-85
1/10 113 Colorado Away L 60-92
1/12 119 Utah Away L 70-88
1/17 255 California Home W 82-59
1/19 130 Stanford Home L 66-78
1/24 67 Oregon St Away 8%
1/27 79 Oregon Away 8%
1/30 96 UCLA Home 35.5%
2/2 109 USC Home 37.2%
2/7 59 Arizona St Away 7.8%
2/9 51 Arizona Away 7%
2/16 37 Washington Home 19.1%
2/20 113 Colorado Home 38.2%
2/23 119 Utah Home 39.2%
2/28 130 Stanford Away 17%
3/2 255 California Away 48.5%
3/6 79 Oregon Home 31.7%
3/9 67 Oregon St Home 31.7%