William & Mary Tribe Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the William & Mary Tribe. All of these projections for William & Mary are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

William & Mary Record and Rankings

Record: 7-12
Projected Final Record: 11.6-18.4

Colonial Conference Record: 3-4
Projected Final Colonial Record: 7.6-10.4
Projected Final Rank in the Colonial: 7

William & Mary Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 226
RPI Rank: 215
NET Rank: 190
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-4 2-4 4-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.333 0.667

Our current projections give the William & Mary Tribe a 0.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account William & Mary’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the William & Mary Tribe. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

William & Mary Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 204 High Point Home W 79-69
11/10 139 Duquesne Away L 70-84
11/15 217 IL Chicago Away L 95-100
11/17 82 Notre Dame Away L 64-73
11/20 108 Radford Home L 72-81
11/24 168 St Joseph’s PA Home W 87-85
11/28 99 Marshall Away L 64-84
12/1 137 George Mason Home L 84-87
12/5 92 Old Dominion Away L 53-71
12/8 299 Hampton Away W 76-71
12/16 No Rank Peace Home W 106-89
12/22 1 Virginia Away L 40-72
12/28 246 James Madison Home W 79-74
12/30 298 Towson Home W 71-61
1/3 203 Delaware Away L 56-58
1/5 223 Drexel Away W 84-66
1/10 58 Hofstra Home L 90-93
1/12 105 Northeastern Home L 70-90
1/19 315 Elon Home L 71-76
1/24 220 UNC Wilmington Away 42.2%
1/26 120 Col Charleston Away 13.9%
1/31 223 Drexel Home 63.1%
2/2 203 Delaware Home 58.8%
2/7 105 Northeastern Away 12.2%
2/9 58 Hofstra Away 8%
2/16 315 Elon Away 60.1%
2/21 120 Col Charleston Home 37.2%
2/23 220 UNC Wilmington Home 62.1%
2/28 298 Towson Away 55.5%
3/2 246 James Madison Away 43.7%