Wisconsin Badgers Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Wisconsin Badgers. All of these projections for Wisconsin are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Wisconsin Record and Rankings

Record: 15-18
Projected Final Record: 15.0-18.0

Big Ten Conference Record: 8-12
Projected Final Big Ten Record: 8.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big Ten: 9

Wisconsin Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 75
RPI Rank: 113
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-12 3-3 3-2 8-1
Win % by Tier 0.077 0.500 0.600 0.889

Our current projections give the Wisconsin Badgers a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 17.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 82.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Wisconsin’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 1.4%
NIT #4 Seed 5.8%
NIT #5 Seed 8.4%
NIT #6 Seed 2.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Wisconsin Badgers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Wisconsin Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 339 S Carolina St Home W 85-50
11/12 199 Yale Home W 89-61
11/16 8 Xavier Home L 70-80
11/20 35 Baylor Kansas City, MO L 65-70
11/21 41 UCLA Kansas City, MO L 70-72
11/24 206 WI Milwaukee Home W 71-49
11/27 1 Virginia Away L 37-49
12/2 19 Ohio St Home L 58-83
12/4 50 Penn St Away W 64-63
12/6 82 Temple Away L 55-59
12/9 47 Marquette Home L 63-82
12/13 72 WKU Home W 81-80
12/23 276 WI Green Bay Home W 81-60
12/27 342 Chicago St Home W 82-70
12/30 306 MA Lowell Home W 82-53
1/2 81 Indiana Home W 71-61
1/5 134 Rutgers Away L 60-64
1/9 45 Nebraska Away L 59-63
1/16 6 Purdue Away L 50-78
1/19 112 Illinois Home W 75-50
1/23 100 Iowa Away L 67-85
1/26 4 Michigan St Away L 61-76
1/29 45 Nebraska Home L 63-74
2/1 94 Northwestern Home L 52-60
2/4 57 Maryland Away L 63-68
2/8 112 Illinois Away W 78-69
2/11 9 Michigan Home L 72-83
2/15 6 Purdue Home W 57-53
2/19 111 Minnesota Home W 73-63
2/22 94 Northwestern Away W 70-64
2/25 4 Michigan St Home L 63-68
3/1 57 Maryland New York, NY W 59-54
3/2 4 Michigan St New York, NY L 60-63