Wofford Terriers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Wofford Terriers. All of these projections for Wofford are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Wofford Record and Rankings

Record: 15-4
Projected Final Record: 24.0-6.0

Southern Conference Record: 7-0
Projected Final Southern Record: 16.0-2.0
Projected Final Rank in the Southern: 1

Wofford Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 35
RPI Rank: 45
NET Rank: 30
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 11 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-4 2-0 2-0 7-0
Win % by Tier 0.200 1.000 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Wofford Terriers a 77.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 21.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 1.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Wofford’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #5 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #6 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 3.6%
NCAA #8 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #9 Seed 12.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 14.8%
NCAA #11 Seed 18.4%
NCAA #12 Seed 14.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 2.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 5.8%
NIT #2 Seed 3.2%
NIT #3 Seed 2.6%
NIT #4 Seed 1.4%
NIT #5 Seed 2.2%
NIT #6 Seed 3.4%
NIT #7 Seed 2.8%
NIT #8 Seed 0.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Wofford Terriers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Wofford Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 10 North Carolina Home L 67-78
11/10 204 High Point Away W 68-60
11/13 No Rank Carver Bib Home W 94-35
11/18 29 Oklahoma Away L 64-75
11/21 344 Coppin St Home W 99-65
11/23 No Rank Mars Hill Home W 97-46
11/26 91 South Carolina Away W 81-61
12/1 81 ETSU Home W 79-62
12/4 7 Kansas Away L 47-72
12/6 No Rank Kentucky Chr Home W 112-58
12/9 214 Coastal Car Home W 82-71
12/15 353 UNC Asheville Home W 92-49
12/19 28 Mississippi St Away L 87-98
12/29 281 W Carolina Away W 74-54
1/3 211 Citadel Home W 112-81
1/5 194 Mercer Home W 78-74
1/10 53 UNC Greensboro Away W 72-43
1/12 294 VMI Away W 90-76
1/19 68 Furman Home W 59-54
1/24 174 Samford Home 92%
1/26 241 Chattanooga Home 97.1%
1/31 194 Mercer Away 81.8%
2/2 211 Citadel Away 84%
2/7 81 ETSU Away 57.8%
2/9 281 W Carolina Home 98.4%
2/14 294 VMI Home 98.5%
2/16 53 UNC Greensboro Home 71.8%
2/23 68 Furman Away 57.1%
2/28 241 Chattanooga Away 84.5%
3/2 174 Samford Away 74.8%