Wright State Raiders Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Wright State Raiders. All of these projections for Wright St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Wright St Record and Rankings

Record: 8-10
Projected Final Record: 16.7-14.3

Horizon Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final Horizon Record: 10.7-7.3
Projected Final Rank in the Horizon: 3

Wright St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 174
RPI Rank: 213
NET Rank: 152
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 1-5 0-2 5-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.167 0.000 0.714

Our current projections give the Wright State Raiders a 20.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 79.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Wright St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #14 Seed 2.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 5.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 11.8%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Wright State Raiders. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Wright St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 262 W Carolina Home W 96-73
11/10 51 Murray St Away L 54-73
11/14 75 Toledo Home W 84-74
11/17 179 North Florida Home W 89-72
11/20 86 Penn St Neutral L 59-77
11/21 104 SMU Neutral L 76-77
11/27 No Rank Cedarville Home W 58-39
12/1 163 Indiana St Away L 63-69
12/5 187 Miami OH Home L 62-65
12/8 124 Kent Away L 76-83
12/13 No Rank Northwestern OH Home W 91-52
12/18 259 Morehead St Home W 78-67
12/22 29 Mississippi St Neutral L 63-67
12/28 198 IL Chicago Home L 72-75
12/30 201 IUPUI Home W 72-64
1/3 181 Detroit Away L 58-79
1/5 223 Oakland Away W 89-73
1/11 109 N Kentucky Away L 64-68
1/17 295 Youngstown St Away 66%
1/19 300 Cleveland St Away 66%
1/24 288 WI Milwaukee Home 85.4%
1/26 197 WI Green Bay Home 74.8%
2/1 198 IL Chicago Away 51.8%
2/3 201 IUPUI Away 51.1%
2/7 223 Oakland Home 78.2%
2/9 181 Detroit Home 69.1%
2/15 109 N Kentucky Home 46.3%
2/21 300 Cleveland St Home 85.4%
2/23 295 Youngstown St Home 85.2%
2/28 197 WI Green Bay Away 52.2%
3/2 288 WI Milwaukee Away 62.8%