Yale Bulldogs Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Yale Bulldogs. All of these projections for Yale are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Yale Record and Rankings

Record: 22-7
Projected Final Record: 22.0-7.0

Ivy League Conference Record: 10-4
Projected Final Ivy League Record: 10.0-4.0
Projected Final Rank in the Ivy League: 2

Yale Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 83
RPI Rank: 47
NET Rank: 85
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 13 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 2-2 9-0 9-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 1.000 0.900

Our current projections give the Yale Bulldogs a 69.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 19.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 11.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Yale’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 10.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 41.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 17.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.8%
NIT #5 Seed 7.2%
NIT #6 Seed 9.6%
NIT #7 Seed 1.6%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Yale Bulldogs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Yale Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 230 California Neutal W 76-59
11/17 58 Memphis Away L 102-109
11/21 85 Vermont Away L 70-79
11/28 320 Bryant Away W 103-61
12/1 84 Miami FL Neutal W 77-73
12/5 159 Lehigh Home W 97-87
12/8 2 Duke Away L 58-91
12/11 281 Albany NY Home W 71-63
12/20 261 Monmouth NJ Away W 66-58
12/22 195 Iona Home W 99-84
1/2 335 Kennesaw Home W 92-65
1/5 269 CS Northridge Away W 94-90
1/8 No Rank Skidmore Home W 88-59
1/19 145 Brown Away W 70-67
1/25 145 Brown Home W 79-71
2/1 101 Harvard Away L 49-65
2/2 245 Dartmouth Away W 89-68
2/8 152 Princeton Home W 74-60
2/9 126 Penn Home W 78-65
2/15 203 Columbia Away W 70-64
2/16 181 Cornell Away W 98-92
2/22 245 Dartmouth Home W 77-59
2/23 101 Harvard Home L 86-88
3/1 181 Cornell Home W 88-65
3/2 203 Columbia Home L 75-83
3/8 126 Penn Away L 66-77
3/9 152 Princeton Away W 81-59
3/16 152 Princeton Home W 83-77
3/17 101 Harvard Neutal W 97-85