Donchess Inference Index Computer Ratings
The Donchess Inference Index (DII) computer ratings system was developed to evaluate sports teams would compare against each other on a purely statistical level. The DII uses a weighted logistic regression method to rank each team.
DII Rating- This is a combination of the Standard Rating and the Inference Rating. The Inference Rating is weighted more highly in the beginning of the season whereas the Standard Rating is weighted more highly at the end of the season.
Standard Rating- Looks at game outcome and score differential only. Record is very important.
Inference Rating- Heavily weights the outcomes of opponents’ games. This is system is a much better predictor of future game outcomes.
For more information on the methodology go to: The Methodology page.
Top Blog Entries
1. Introduction to the Donchess Inference Index – Welcome to DRatings.com!
2. How Do We Predict Games? – College Football and NFL Football Predictions
3. Picking a Winning Confidence Bowl Poll – 2012 NCAA College Football Bowl Poll Predictions
4. Where is the Best Place to Bet? – Top 5 Online Sportsbooks for U.S. Players
1. Bovada – The best for the recreational bettor – Bovada Sportsbook Review
2. 5Dimes – The widest selection of sports – 5Dimes Sportsbook Review
3. TopBet – The easiest to use – TopBet Sportsbook Review
4. BetDSI – The best mobile platform – BetDSI Sportsbook Review
NCAA College Football
FBS Division (1-A) College Football Rankings go to: Full Current FBS Donchess Inference Index Ratings
FCS Division (1-AA) College Football Rankings go to: Full Current FCS Donchess Inference Index Ratings
Division II College Football Rankings go to: Full Current Division II Donchess Inference Index Ratings
Division III College Football Rankings go to: Full Current Division III Donchess Inference Index Ratings
NCAA College Basketball
NCAA Basketball Rankings go to: Full Current NCAA Basketball Donchess Inference Index Ratings
NFL Football Rankings go to: Full Current NFL Donchess Inference Index Ratings
NBA Basketball Power Rankings go to: Full Current NBA Donchess Inference Index Ratings
NHL Hockey Power Rankings go to: Full Current NHL Donchess Inference Index Ratings
MLS Soccer Power Rankings go to: Full Current MLS Donchess Inference Index Ratings